Friday, February 12, 2010

God Bless You Mill Creek Entertainment

Ever pass one of those bins that have DVDs for a dollar in them and wonder if the movies are any good? Or have you seen the 20 or 50 movie packs for $15 and wonder just how awful all those movies are? My favorite are the ones that advertise some big move star being in them; yes Robert De Niro is in The Swap, but there's probably a reason you've never heard of it. Me too.

I assume these movies are bad... but how bad? So bad they're good, or just so bad that there's no redeeming qualities at all. Every time I see these DVDs I always wonder.

I watch a lot of movies. I have a rather large DVD collection, and part of it is made up by these dollar DVDs. I always have a tendency to buy them because who wouldn't want to see a movie called Santa Clause Conquers the Martians? Or Mama Dracula. The problem is, I always buy these movies... but I never watch them. I have at least three of these 50 movies packs and probably thirty random dollar DVDs, but I would say I've watch maybe five of the movies. That's all going to change. That's right, I'm going to sit down and watch these movies and comment on every single one of them.

So get a comfy chair, grab some popcorn, and get ready for a whole lot of bad movies.

Squid.

No comments:

Post a Comment